- By clicking the "Login" button on the login page, you consent to be bound by these ToU. Read these terms carefully prior to registering and using the inter-organizational authentication and authorization services (hereinafter: the Services) provided by Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Identity Provider Operator, hereafter IdP Operator). IdP Operator reserves the right to alter and amend the ToU without prior notice.
- In order to benefit from the Services, you need a User ID (UID) and a password. UID and password are for your sole use and may not be assigned or transferred. Protect your UID and password with adequate care. You are personally responsible for any abuse of your UID and password. Any such abuse or any other breach of the ToU will entail a suspension or cancellation of your account.
- You may not access or make use of the Services for other purposes than defined herein. You commit to access and use the Services in good faith only and in accordance with these ToU and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You hereby acknowledge that personal data about you is compiled from generally available sources and from communications received from you, educational organizations and off-site sources. Such data will be used, inter alia, to authenticate and authorize the access to and use of various resources (hereinafter: the Approved Uses), which are offered by members and partners of the SWITCHaai Federation (see https://www.switch.ch/aai/ for details). You hereby consent to the collection, processing, use and release of such data to the extent reasonably necessary for the Approved Uses. Such consent includes, but is not limited to, the release of personal data to other organizations and content providers, inter alia by employing cookies and electronically exchanging, caching and storing personal authorization attributes. At least in case of data export to foreign countries the IdP Operator implements a user consent dialogue.
- IdP Operator does not make any representation or give any warranty as to the Services or their use. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, IdP Operator hereby waive all and any claims for cost and damages, whether direct or indirect, incidental, or consequential (including, inter alia, loss of use and lost profits), both in contract and in tort, arising from the use or in any way related to the Services. This waiver of claims shall be valid and effective in relation to all participants and partners of the SWITCHaai Federation including IdP Operator, its affiliates, officers, employees and agents.
- You hereby commit to adhere to the IdP Operator Acceptable Use Policy (hereinafter: AUP), i.e. the General Rules of Use for IdP Operators Services as posted at URL ZHAW IT Use Policy. The AUP are subject to changes without prior notice. We strongly recommend that you visit the above link periodically to stay abreast of such changes. In case of discrepancies between the AUP and these ToU, the latter shall prevail.
- These ToU and your use of the Services shall be governed by Swiss law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Winterthur, Zurich.